Student Learning Outcomes for Health & Exercise Science Majors
1. Demonstrate critical thinking skills in addressing discipline-based questions.
Examples of evidences: a) the application of effective oral and written communication skills using appropriate APA style in various forms appropriate to both professional and community audiences; and b) the application of knowledge and skills through experiential learning opportunities.
2. Demonstrate knowledge and skills of research principles and methodologies relevant to the discipline.
Examples of evidences: a) use of valid sampling techniques with appropriate data collection and analysis; and b) Use of an array of technologies to support the process of inquiry and its outcomes
3. Be familiar with standards, ethics, and expectations of professional communities within our disciplines
Exercise Science major Student Learning Outcomes
4. Examine and analyze physical activity and motor skill performance as they relate to the physiological, psychological, and social responses and adaptations to exercise.
5. Integrate learned competencies and skills as part of learning activities and experiences throughout the curriculum.
6. Describe the reciprocal relationship between sport and the philosophical, historical, or sociological perspectives of society.
Health Science majorStudent Learning Outcomes
7. Recognize how the social, cultural, economic, political, and biological environments affect personal & community health.
8. Describe the U.S. health profile, including key indicators, determinants, disparities, access to health services, historical and contemporary trends and implications.
9. Understand the role of research, evaluation, and the use of data in health promotion, disease prevention, and health services.