Application & Selection
Welcome to Summer Science Camp at La Sierra University! Summer Science Camp is a fabulous experience designed for students, entering or completing grades 9-12, that are interested in obtaining hands-on applications in the sciences, giving them a step ahead to their futures.
- Student should be just entering or completing grade 9, 10, 11 or 12.
- Student should be able to be on-time and attend each full day of camp for the week registered.
- Due to the nature of the information learned during the week, we believe that students with good academic understanding will gain the most from the program. Therefore, students should have at least a 2.0 GPA.
- Student should have a desire to learn and gain a hands-on understanding and knowledge for their futures.
The application with corresponding forms may be filled out online, then printed and e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or a hard copy may be mailed to: La Sierra University Summer Science Camp/4500 Riverwalk Parkway, Palmer Hall 205/Riverside, CA 92515. Applications must be received with all corresponding forms no later than Friday, May 31, 2013 to be considered. Full tuition payment must be provided on the application, or a check must be mailed within 5 days of application. Please be sure to complete all sections of the application and additional forms.
- Medical Treatment Authorization
- Waiver of Liability and Assumption of Risk Agreement
- Behavioral Standards Policy
- Media Release Form
Students will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis, as long as the applicant meets the requirements. A maximum of 27 students will be accepted for Biomedical Science and Technology & Engineering weeks. A maximum of 16 students will be accepted for Marine Biology Week. Notification of acceptance will be provided via e-mail. If you have questions on space availability, please feel free to contact us.