Biomedical Science Week
During Biomedical Science Week, students will be given the opportunity to actively participate in an emergency room setting, engage in hands-on work at an embryology laboratory and become CPR and first aid certified. In addition, professionals in a variety of biomedical fields such as internal medicine, dentistry, nursing, physical therapy and veterinary, will give the students an inside look at their work. Students will also visit Sea World in San Diego and be given a private tour behind the scenes and into the lives of the animals that are cared for by the facilities.
Biomedical Science Week will run from Monday, June 17 to Friday, June 21, 2013.
- Check-in will be from 8:45-9:00a
- Check-out will be at 5:00p (except Thursday, which will be a 10p check-out)
*subject to change*
- Monday: On-campus Introduction, Experimentation, Medical Terminology
- Tuesday: Loma Linda University--Emergency Simulation Lab, Embrology Museum & Lab, Proton Radiation Treatment Center, Dental School
- Wednesday: CPR and First Aid Certifications, on campus
- Thursday: Sea World, San Diego
- Friday: Health Professions Panel, Cadavers, Closing Discussion and Remarks