Technology & Engineering Week
During Technology & Engineering Week, students will visit the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, launch rockets, and participate at an orthotics and prothestics outpatient center. In addition, professionals in a variety of fields such as chemistry, physics, audio engineering, mechanics and architecture, will give the students an inside look at their work. Another tour, to experience Disney's World of Physics Energy and Waves, will give students hands-on experimentation with acoustics, optics, light and sound.
Technology & Engineering Week will be held from Monday, June 24 to Friday, June 28, 2013.
- Check in will be from 8:45-9:00a, each morning
- Check out will be at 5:00p (except Thursday at 10p)
*subject to change*
- Monday: On-campus Introduction, Acoustics, Architecture, Motors, Science Terminology
- Tuesday: Loma Linda University--Proton Radiation, Orthotics and Prosthetics; Rockets on campus
- Wednesday: Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Thursday: Disneyland's California Adventure--World of Physics: Energy & Waves
- Friday: Computers, Circuits, Science Professions Panel, Closing Discussion and Remarks