The Annual Fund is the university's yearly program designed to attract tax-deductible contributions from alumni and friends of La Sierra. Through the Fund, the university supports students through scholarships as well as academic and student life programs.
Annual Fund resources meet vital operational needs and help reduce educational costs for our students. For instance, your gifts may be used to provide scholarship assistance, upgrade campus-wide computing systems, or fund much-needed building renovations.
All alumni (those who attended La Sierra as well as those who graduated) and friends are encouraged to support the university every year through the La Sierra Annual Fund. Your contribution will enable current students to enjoy the gift of a La Sierra University education.
Of Each Dollar Given:
- 34¢ support instruction and research in all academic areas
- 24¢ help students learn through providing academic and instructional support such as tutoring services, library resources, the Center for Student Academic Success (C-SAS), and service learning opportunities, information technology, and administration
- 19¢ are invested directly in students through scholarships
- 9¢ help offset the cost of Student Services such as campus ministries and residential life
- Only 14¢ goes to maintaining campus facilities and other costs
These gifts, when added together, are powerful!
- $150 can purchase the score and parts for a piece of Band or Wind Ensemble music
- $250 covers the cost of a periodical subscription for the University Library
- $500 pays the registration fee for a faculty workshop or seminar
- $1,000 can provide a computer or laser printer for a student computer lab
- $2,000 covers a student worker’s wages for one year
Alumni commitment to the Annual Fund is crucial in helping us reach our financial goals. But, did you know that your participation also helps us to successfully acquire important corporate and foundation gifts? In considering the university’s gift requests, corporations and foundations often look at the percentage of alumni who give as a deciding factor. Alumni gifts of every size to the Annual Fund are appreciated and needed!
Many companies match dollar-for-dollar the charitable contribution you give to La Sierra. If your employer or your spouse’s employer has such a program, please use it and double your gift! Requirements vary, so please check with the appropriate office at your place of employment. It’s generally no harder than filling out a form.
Please Give Today
Thank you for supporting our important educational mission.
To make your online gift to the La Sierra University Annual Fund, click here.
If you have questions about the Annual Fund, contact us at:
La Sierra University
Office of University Advancement
4500 Riverwalk Parkway
Riverside, CA 92515