- To transform individuals into artistically trained, socially aware, skilled graduates ready to contribute to society through a trans-disciplinary university experience
- To expand the awareness and appreciation of the history, culture and individuals that produced art through human history.
- To prepare students for:
- Professional employment
- Graduate school
- Meaningful contributions to society
- To provide an atmosphere of academic excellence, nurture and promote creativity.
- To create a positive environment where students can grow in their:
- Spiritual awareness
- Social awareness
- Ability to recognize the contributions the arts can make to address human nature and environmental challenges.
- To have a solid foundation in:
- Color theory and application
- Visual design
- Traditional media applications
- Contemporary digital media
- To enable students to understand, respond to, and articulate their responses to their work and the work of others
- Through the visual arts inspire curiosity and exploration, increasing, interdisciplinary collaboration
- Encourage faculty growth and professional development in their areas of academic expertise.
4500 Riverwalk Parkway
Riverside, CA 92515
Visual Art Center 105
Monday - Thursday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
8 a.m. - Noon