TEDxLaSierraUniversity brings "The Possible" to Riverside
With a theme of "The Possible," this full-day event will be divided into three sessions: Imagine the Possible, Design the Possible, and Prove the Possible. "The twelve dynamic speakers and performers we've selected will be delivering some truly mind-blowing experiences," said John Razzouk, La Sierra alumnus and organizer for TEDxLaSierraUniversity. "But before the day ends, our audience is going to realize that it is they themselves who can be the greatest visionaries, designers, and champions of what is possible in the world around us."
TEDxLaSierraUniversity is designed as a full one-day conference experience and competitive applications to attend are now being accepted from the public until the registration deadline of Mon., April 14. Visit www.TEDxLaSierraUniversity.com for more information and to apply to attend this unique experience.
Visit the TEDxLaSierraUniversity Speaker Page to access full biographies of this year's speaker lineup:
- Jeff Rosenblum - Widely regarded as one of the leading innovators in the field of digital marketing, Jeff has worked on teams that have helped revolutionize market research, publishing, sports broadcasting and interactive advertising. He recently completed The Naked Brand, a documentary film about the future of advertising.
- Dr. Jacek Kugler - Through extensive publications on the causes and consequences of war, renowned professor and researcher Dr. Kugler has forged a reputation for innovative formal modeling and empirical analysis.
- Dr. Leslie Martin - Known widely for her research and co-authorship of the book "The Longevity Project: Surprising Discoveries for Health and Long Life from the Landmark Eight-Decade Study," she is also defined by a passion for adventure travel. When she is not in the lab or writing about health, she is planning which mountains she will next climb.
- Simply Three - Old school training. New school sound. The members of this up-and-coming music sensation are bringing a love of classical to a new generation.
- Dr. Warren Peters - Dr. Warren Peters meets his patients every day with a broad smile and a passion to make complex things simple, so people can make those difficult healthy lifestyle changes which will enhance their wellbeing.
- Czarina Kaye Francisco - "CK" has a growing online fanbase, following her insights into her experiences as a new teacher and her creative approaches to teaching and learning.
- The Coyote Bandits - Social entrepreneurship never sounded so good. Members of this band spent their summer on a West Coast Tour, raising over $60,000 to bring medical care to the islands of Micronesia.
- Eric Rajah - Winner of the Alberta Order of Excellence, the highest honour bestowed on a citizen by the province, Eric Rajah's dream is to see a world without poverty. What began as a $5,000 investment has now become one of the world's most efficient and effective non-profits.
- Azalea Lehndorff - With a life transformed by education, University of Alberta student Azalea Lehndorff is passionate about bringing opportunity to girls in Afghanistan. Her 100 Classroom Project has already benefited over 8,000 students.
- Beatriz Mejia-Krumbein - After a lifetime of accomplished work as an artist and professor, Beatriz Mejia-Krumbein is retiring...to focus on her future as an artist! Her art deals with emigration, displacement, exploitation, violence and abuse, and implores viewers to confront the convoluted inequalities of our modern world
- Sean Corcorran - Formerly spending 16 years at IDEO, the world's premier design and innovation professional services firm, Sean Corcorran is now the General Manager of Steelcase Education Solutions in Grand Rapids, Michigan. As an accomplished designer, innovator, and researcher, Sean Corcorran also personally led research, product development, and marketing of products and solutions including many found in classrooms, schools, libraries, and offices right here in the Inland Empire.
- Dr. Mark Abdollahian - Dr. Abdollahian delivers advanced analytics for data driven decision making. He creates, architects and implements enterprise class data and strategy analytics used by the U.S. Government, the World Bank and the United Nations as well as private sector companies worldwide.
About TEDx, x = independently organized event
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TED Talks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized. (Subject to certain rules and regulations.)
TED is a nonprofit organization devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. Started as a four-day conference in California almost 30 years ago, TED has grown to support its mission with multiple initiatives. The two annual TED Conferences invite the world's leading thinkers and doers to speak for 18 minutes on a diverse mix of topics. Many of these talks are then made available, free, at TED.com. TED speakers have included Bill Gates, Jane Goodall, Elizabeth Gilbert, Sir Richard Branson, Nandan Nilekani, Philippe Starck, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Isabel Allende and former UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown. The TED2014 Conference will take place in Vancouver, British Columbia, along with the TEDActive simulcast in neighboring Whistler. TEDGlobal 2014 will be held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
TED's media initiatives include TED.com, where new TED Talks are posted daily; the Open Translation Project, which provides subtitles and interactive transcripts as well as translations from volunteers worldwide; the educational initiative TED-Ed; and TEDBooks, short e-books on powerful ideas. TED has established the annual TED Prize, where exceptional individuals with a wish to change the world get help translating their wishes into action; TEDx, which supports individuals or groups in hosting local, self-organized TED-style events around the world; and the TED Fellows program, helping world-changing innovators from around the globe to amplify the impact of their remarkable projects and activities.
For information about TED's upcoming conferences, visit www.ted.com/registration
Contact: John Razzouk, Organizer
Office: (951) 318-2894; E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org