Recipe of the Month
Black Bean, Edamame,
and Wheat Berry Salad
- 4 cups of water
- ½ cup dry wheat berries
- ½ of a 15 oz. can on black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 cup frozen, shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Salt & black pepper to taste
Prep: Combine water & wheat berries in a medium saucepan, bring to boil.
Reduce heat, cover and simmer 55 minutes or until wheat berries are tender.
Place in a fine mesh strainer, run under cold water to cool quickly, drain.
Combine wheat berries with the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl.
Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 8 hours in advance.