• Print

International Student Services

OPT Reporting Form

OPT Validation

As an F-1 student, you are required to report changes of address within 10 day of any move. This includes the period while you are on OPT.

Reporting Requirements while on OPT

All students on OPT are required to report to the DSO:

  • any change of name or address, or
  • any interruption of such employment

In addition, students with an approved 17-month OPT extension:

Must report to the student's DSO within 10 days of any change of:

  • legal name
  • residential or mailing address
  • employer name
  • employer address, and/or
  • loss of employment.

Must make a validation report to the DSO every six months starting from the date the extension begins and ending when the student's F-1 status ends, the student changes educational levels at the same school, the student transfers to another school, or the 17-month OPT extension ends, whichever is first. The validation is a confirmation that the student's name and address, employer name and address, and/or loss of employment is current and accurate. The report is due to the DSO within 10 business days of each reporting date.

Limited Periods of Unemployment to Maintain Status

During post-completion OPT, F-1 status is dependent upon employment. Students may not accrue an aggregate of more than 90 days of unemployment during any post-completion OPT carried out under the initial post-completion OPT authorization. Students granted a 17-month OPT extension may not accrue an aggregate of more than 120 days of unemployment during the total 29 month OPT period.




Employed by one employer

Provide your employer’s name and address under Employer 1 (in the form below)

Multiple employers

List all employer’s names and addresses; list Employer 1 as your primary employer.


Indicate you are self-employed and give the business address (which can be the same as your personal address) as Employer 1.

Students with performing arts degrees who have multiple short-term jobs (gigs)

If self-employed, indicate this as “Self-employed performing arts student.” Follow the directions below for sending your DSO a list of gigs on a regular basis.

If working for an agency, indicate the agency as the employer and list the agency’s address.

Not currently employed

Indicate “No” under "Currently Employed?"

This reporting requirement is an on-going requirement. It is important that we have accurate address information for you at all times.

Any changes in the name and address of your employer must also be reported on a continuing basis. During the time you are on OPT, (after you complete this update) you can report change of address information by calling our office at 951.785.2237 and letting us  know of your new employer and the new work address.

To report your current employment please Click Here or also call our office and notify us.

Please Wait...