e2Campus Emergency Notification System
e2Campus is an emergency mass notification system that alerts students, faculty, and staff with texts, campus email and the university website in the event of an emergency. Response instructions for the crisis will be sent via text and/or email messages to the campus. All faculty, staff and students are recommended to register their cell phones through the MyCampus portal in order to receive these important messages. All registered students, current faculty, and staff emails are automatically uploaded to the e2Campus Emergency Notification system on a regular basis.
Before You Register ...
- This service is completely voluntary. You may opt-in or opt-out at any time.
- You are responsible for messaging charges by your service provider.
- You will not receive messages for which you did not register.
- Your information is not shared with nor sold to third parties.
- The "opt out by" field is the date your service automatically expires. Select the first available date after you wish to discontinue service.
- Get More Information from e2Campus.
After You Register...
- If you are still not receiving text message/email alerts, login into your account and Validate your account.
- If you are not sure what to do in an emergency when you receive the LSUALERT, please review the Emergency Action Plan Handbook (link to)
- During an emergency incident first call 9-1-1. Then call Campus Security at (951) 785-2222 to report the 9-1-1 call and location of the incident.
- Any questions or concerns Campus Security at (951) 785-2222.
- Click here to create an account.
- Enter your LSU username. Your username needs to be the same as your La Sierra login. For example, if you are a student, your username is the first letter of your first name, the first three letters of your last name, and the last three numbers of your student ID (i.e. mmcc173). If you are faculty/staff/administrator, your username is the first letter of your first name followed by the first seven letters of your last name (i.e. jcharmic).
- Enter your first and last name.
- Create and enter a password that you can easily remember.
- Select the group to which you belong. If you are an employee, check the "EMP" box. If you are a student, check the "STUD" box.
- In order to receive the most timely alerts, you must enter your cell phone number including your area code. A Validation Code will be sent to your phone.
- Read and agree to the terms of service.
- Click "Create Account" to complete your registration.
- Enter your Validation Code to validate your cell phone number so that you can receive emergency alerts.
- Finally, enter a valid email address in order to receive email alerts. A Validation Code will be sent to your email address.
Click here if you need to update your existing account.
Click here for La Sierra University e2Campus Administrator to initiate an emergency notification.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I am receiving texts from my friends, but not from e2Campus. Why is that?
A: There are two types of text messaging:
- Mobile Originated (sending a text message from one phone to another)
- Mobile Terminated (a non-cellphone to a cell phone)
You may be able to receive mobile-to-mobile messaging however it appears that mobile terminated messaging is not activated on your account. You will need to login to your account and try adding your cell phone number and carrier again.
Q: How do I sign up for e2Campus alerts?
A: Click the "New User" tab above and follow the instructions.
Q: How do I Opt-Out (remove myself) from receiving e2Campus alerts?
A: Please log into your account to opt-out for e2Campus alerts for your school. You may opt-out of one particular group or the entire service.
Q: What exactly is e2Campus?
A: e2Campus is a patent pending universal notification system that allows designated administrators to send time-sensitive messages to the mobile phones, email, and/or pagers of their subscribers (students, faculty, staff, radio stations, TV stations, and others). In the event of an emergency, subscribers can get notified immediately of the situation, wherever they are geographically.
Q: What is a universal notification system?
A: A universal notification system is defined as a platform to deliver a notification to an entire audience by all means necessary; therefore creating universal coverage to increase the odds that a particular subscriber received the notification in a timely manner.
Q: What is a notification?
A: A notification is defined as a form of communication that delivers descriptive information about news or an event, unlike a bell or siren that communicates little information.
Q: Do I need to install software and/or hardware in order to have e2Campus?
A: NO. e2Campus is a 100% web-based software system, so you do not need any additional software or hardware. All you need is a web browser with an Internet connection and you are up and running! You can look at e2Campus as a Public Safety "Utility"- always on and ready for action.
Q: Will any person receive unsolicited messages ("SPAM") on their mobile phone?
A: NO. e2Campus enforces a zero spam policy which clearly prohibits unsolicited messages, and e2Campus does not sell the contact information of our subscribers to third party marketers.
Still have questions? Get Help Here or Email us at: support@e2Campus.com.