Student Learning Outcomes
The Communication Department has four core learning outcomes for all majors. Students graduating should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the theory and practice of communication.
- Analyze the influence of various communication tools on different audiences.
- Write effective messages for different audiences.
- Deliver effective presentations for different audiences
Additionally, students with the:
Media Studies emphasis should be able to:
- Articulate and produce messages through the use of visual and digital media.
- Analyze the construction and impact of visual and digital media.
Public Relations emphasis should be able to:
- Demonstrate communication knowledge and skills to create, enhance and maintain credibility and trust.
- Write, communicate and present materials appropriate to the practice of public relations.
Strategic Communication emphasis should be able to:
- Understand communication theories and research methods.
- Effectively gather and analyze data to provide productive communication outcomes.