For those interested in the study of mediation beyond the level of our basic mediation training program, the Center for Conflict Resolution offers and is developing a number of advanced learning opportunities.
Advanced Practitioner Workplace Mediator Training
Advanced Practitioner Mediator Status: This credential represents a significant level of experience and training in issues specifically related to workplace conflict resolution. An Advanced Practitioner Workplace Mediator credential from the Center for Conflict Resolution at La Sierra University publicly recognizes your skill and knowledge level in the field of ADR. For example, a workplace mediator must be knowledgeable in substance, process, and application of skills and knowledge related to the workplace and employment issues. Our core training components related to knowledge of substance, process, and application of this knowledge reflect this need and your competence as an advanced practitioner, and this separates you from the others who practice workplace mediation.
What Can a Certificate in Dispute Resolution From La Sierra University Do For You? Consider the following:
- The ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people can mean success or failure in any profession.
- Employees who exhibit active constructive behaviors such as taking perspective, creating solutions, expressing emotions, and reaching out to others are considered to be effective leaders and most suitable for promotion.
- You can become a better negotiator, and when conflict is dealt with in a positive way it can be helpful to business needs and purposes.
- Exit interviews, which explore departing employees' underlying reasons for quitting, reveal that chronic, unresolved conflict is a decisive factor in at least 50% of all voluntary departures.
- One of the secrets of dealing with difficult people in our lives is to figure out how to play the hand we're dealt rather than complain and moan about that person.
- Effective listening is emerging as one of the important remedies for relationship angst, stress at work, mental or emotional discomfort, and much of what disrupts our busy and distracted modern lives.
- Good communication means having the impact you meant to have, but every message must pass through a filter of the speaker's clarity of expression and the listener's ability to comprehend what was said.
- Research shows that the most effective leaders at leading and adapting to change at any level in the organization are those that have the highest level of emotional intelligence, and the components of knowledge, skills, and abilities that compose emotional intelligence can be learned.
- Awareness is growing and bullying and mobbing in the workplace is increasingly being discussed; clinical psychologists are finding that this type of trauma is emerging as a more crippling and devastating problem than all the other work-related stresses put together.
- Careers in conflict resolution are developing rapidly in this emerging field of practice as an alternative to litigation, and as adversarial actions become popular with business and industry.
What you will learn:
Developing exceptional people skills comes from understanding yourself, organizational dynamics, sources of conflict, and methods and techniques to manage people issues and conflicts that inevitably occur in the workplace. Sullivan University created the Advanced Practitioner Workplace Mediator credential for people like you, who want recognition, advancement, and the skills to get to the top and stay there.
No matter what your vocation, when you can shape your behavior and influence the behavior of those around you, you have a skill that transcends the ability of most people, and it gives you a competitive advantage few can rival. Learning how to effectively manage yourself and your relationship can have far-reaching implications on your career advancement and professional future.
The classes necessary for graduation are available partially online, so you can complete your course work from a computer anywhere and at any time that fits your schedule. Our faculty are respected professionals in the field of dispute resolution, whom you will get to know through online interaction and who will work with you personally in your academic development.
Who will benefit from a Certificate in Dispute Resolution:
- Business Professionals
- Corporate Executives
- Labor Leaders
- Health Care Managers
- Human Resource Managers
- Religious Leaders
"More than ever, an education that emphasizes general problem solving skills will be important. In a changing world, education is the best preparation for being able to adapt." - Bill Gates