- M.A., Theology with an emphasis in Biblical Studies, Fuller Theological Seminary, 2012
- M.S., Marital and Family Therapy, Loma Linda University, 2011
- B.A., Religious Studies, La Sierra University, 2003
- B.A., Spanish, La Sierra University, 2003
Principal Research Interests
As a practical theologian my work is directly engaged with human experience and communities of faith. I study the experiences of Latinas within communities of faith and biblical understandings of “abundant life” (John 10:10). The questions I pursue in my academic research are focused on how our theological convictions come to bear on the tangible actions of our faith.
My ministerial experience includes 14 years of pastoral ministry in the Southeastern California Conference of Seventh-day Adventists as associate pastor for youth, children and family ministries and pastoral care. Between 2001 and 2014 I served at three churches: Campus Hill Church, Loma Linda Spanish Church and Azure Hills Church. On Oct. 6, 2012 I was ordained to the gospel ministry at the Loma Linda University Church.
I am a registered marriage and family therapy intern with the California Board of Behavioral Science. I provide individual, couple and family therapy and was trained at the Loma Linda Behavioral Health Institute. I currently see clients at The Clinebell Institute in Claremont, Calif.
Research AREA Highlights:
- Pastoral Counseling and Psychotherapy
- Hebrew Bible
- Marital and Family Therapy
- Latino/a Theology
- Future Theological Educators of Color Summit, Forum for Theological Exploration, Georgia, 2013
- Alumni Rising Star Award, H.M.S. Richards Divinity School, La Sierra University, 2013
- Deans Award, La Sierra University School of Religion (H.M.S. Richards Divinity School), 2003