- If you are planning to come to USA to study, you must have a Passport and a valid student visa.
- We suggest you go to a travel agency for help how can get a Passport and valid student visa.
- A student visa is required for study in the United States.
- To apply for a student visa, complete an I-20 form available from La Sierra University.
- Request the I-20 form, complete the International Students Financial Guarantee Form (FGF) and pay the fee taxes.
- The I-20 form is a confirmation to the US government that you are enrolled in a college or a language school in United States.
- After you have your I-20 form, you will be able to schedule your student visa appointment with your country's embassy.
- Complete and return the International International Students Financial Guarantee Form (FGF) to La Sierra University
- Pay the SEVIS Fee
- Your passport with your valid visa
- Your stamped I-20 form (It will be stamped when you arrive in U.S.)
- Your I-94 card (Small white card, usually given on the plane. It will be stamped when you arrive in U.S.)
Here's a few things you might want to do BEFORE coming to La Sierra University.
- Reserve housing if you will be living in one of the dormitories. You can make a dorm room application directly through the Residential Life web site.
- Request an airport pick up, if needed. You'll need your flight information to contact the shuttle company. NOTE: There is a fee for this service.
- Register for one of the International Student Orientations at La Sierra University.
Arrival / Check-in
After you arrive at La Sierra University, all new international students must check in with the Office of International Student Services (OISS). To check in, you must do the following:
- Go to Room 206 in the Administration Building (OISS).
- Present a valid I-20 showing a legal entry stamp in the U.S. or a valid transfer I-20.
- Present a valid I-94 card showing a legal entry stamp in the U.S. or a valid change of visa classification document with attached I-94.
- Present a valid passport.
- Present a valid F-1 visa in passport, or change of visa classification document to F-1.
- Update your address and other contact information with the OISS office.
- Attend the mandatory immigration regulations orientation meeting, which is held at the beginning of each academic quarter.
After you have checked-in, you will need to complete these forms: