- If you are planning to come to USA to study, you must have a Passport and a valid student visa.
- We suggest you go to a travel agency for help how can get a Passport and valid student visa.
- A student visa is required for study in the United States.
- To apply for a student visa, complete an I-20 form available from La Sierra University.
- Request the I-20 form, complete the International Students Financial Guarantee Form (FGF) and pay the fee taxes.
- The I-20 form is a confirmation to the US government that you are enrolled in a college or a language school in United States.
- After you have your I-20 form, you will be able to schedule your student visa appointment with your country's embassy.
- Complete and return the International Students Financial Guarantee Form(FGF) to La Sierra University
- Pay the SEVIS Fee
- Your passport with your valid visa
- Your stamped I-20 form (It will be stamped when you arrive in U.S.)
- Your I-94 card (Small white card, usually given on the plane. It will be stamped when you arrive in U.S.)
Here's a few things you might want to do BEFORE coming to La Sierra University.
- Reserve housing if you will be living in one of the dormitories. You can make a dorm room application directly through the Residential Life web site.
- Request an airport pick up, if needed. You'll need your flight information to contact the shuttle company. NOTE: There is a fee for this service.
- Register for one of the International Student Orientations at La Sierra University.
After you arrive at La Sierra University, all new international students must check in with the Office of International Student Services (OISS). To check in, you must do the following:
- Go to Room 206 in the Administration Building (OISS).
- Present a valid I-20 showing a legal entry stamp in the U.S. or a valid transfer I-20.
- Present a valid I-94 card showing a legal entry stamp in the U.S. or a valid change of visa classification document with attached I-94.
- Present a valid passport.
- Present a valid F-1 visa in passport, or change of visa classification document to F-1.
- Update your address and other contact information with the OISS office.
- Attend the mandatory immigration regulations orientation meeting, which is held at the beginning of each academic quarter.
- Go to the ESL office in Gladwyn Hall, Room 101 for registration and English language proficiency testing information and requirements.
After you have checked-in, you will need to complete this form: