English Major - Creative Writing Emphasis
- Explore different kinds of writing styles and forms, from memoir to short story.
- Develop a sense of literary community through workshops.
- Gain exposure! Many of our students have been featured in the Adventist Review, Spectrum Magazine, Guide Magazine, Primary Treasure, and Our Little Friend.
English Major - Literature Emphasis
- Engage in the lives and works of some of the world’s best-known authors.
- Employ cultural analysis and critical thinking.
- Find your favorite niche—we offer everything from Shakespeare to Southwestern Literature.
- Utilize unique opportunities to perform in, direct, and write for on-campus productions.
- Earn practical experience in various “behind the scenes” areas such as design, set construction, managing the house, and costuming.
- 32 units of which 16 units must be upper division (300-400 level).
- Experience a taste of the English major—this program includes slices from both the Creative Writing and Literature Emphases.
- English— 24 units to be taken in addition to the 72 units of Core Curriculum of the Liberal Studies major
- Drama— 20 units to be taken in addition to the 72 units of Core Curriculum of the Liberal Studies major