1. Respond to service requests in a prioritized and expeditious manner.
2. Provide functional facilities that: a) meet the University's requirements; b) have an environmentally acceptable atmosphere for students, faculty, and staff; c) ensure the health and safety of all personnel.
3. Identify potential problems early and within the context of the planned maintenance system so that corrective action may be planned, included in the budget cycle and completed in a timely manner.
4. Establish a deferred maintenance list.
5. Follow an orderly program so that administrative costs are minimized and the workload for personnel is maintained at a relatively constant level.
6. Conserve energy and resources by ensuring maximum operating efficiency of energy-consuming equipment and systems.
7. Maintain credible relations with users by providing well-maintained facilities.
8. Identify and implement possible improvements that will reduce costs, improve services and result in more efficient operation.
9. Establish data collection systems to develop: uniform reporting formats, use of electronic data processing, supervisory and management control reports, and continual feedback of information between departments.