Purpose of Insurance Coverage
- To provide insurance coverage for accidental bodily injuries (or sickness) sustained by members of the insured group while participating in University sponsored and supervised group activities including authorized direct travel to and from the place of activity.
- Additional insurance is provided through Adventist Risk Management Accident Insurance Application (AIA) is required for all participants prior to departure of an activity.
- Submit the completed AIA form with a Check Request form to the Office of Risk & Safety at least 2 weeks prior to the event or activity off campus.
- Upon submission of AIA application and payment the group will be covered upon receipt at Adventist Risk Management.
- For any late submission of AIA forms or payments, your group will not be covered.
Activity On and Off Premises
- ACTIVITY coverage (#9) for church members and guests applies while attending or participating in any scheduled, sponsored, and supervised activities, including Vacation Bible School (#5) and Miscellaneous Trips and Short Term Activities (#6). Short Term Activities are defined as land, air or water trips, snowmobiling, tobogganing, skin diving, ice or roller skating, bicycling, boating, horseback, riding, back packing, field trips and manual training. NewConference-wide option must consist of 100% of church membership and include Group #’s 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 9 (except sickness coverage for group #3 unless the optional sickness benefit is chosen).
- Coverage with respect to any Insured Person shall immediately terminate on the date of the policy or on the expiration date shown on the Insured Group’s application.
Insurance Premium Payment
- The University will pay up to $25 premium for university-sponsored activities (clubs must pay for their own insurance premiums).
- AIA form must be accompanied with a completed [Check Request] form for every activity.
For additional benefit information please refer to the Summary of Coverage of Miscellaneous Accident, page two of the MAPA form.