Health Services Director, Medical Assistant, Physician on duty, Safety & Risk Manager, Security Director, and other persons qualified to administer First Aid.
- Survey the community to locate resources such as: Department of Public Health, Red Cross, Hospitals, Fire Stations, and Police Stations.
- Regularly take inventory and list locations of the Triage Kits.
- Conduct First Aid and CPR for faculty, staff, and students.
- Plan methods of solving potential health and sanitation problems.
Triage officer (Director of Health Services) will do the following:
- Report to Central Command Post and assist with medical decisions.
- Apprise Central Command Post of triage situation
- Coordinate medical activities with Physical Plant, Safety and Security.
- Supervise triage and other medical activities.
- If localized disaster work with paramedics and other outside resources to render First Aid. See Glossary of Terms for expanded definition of localized disaster.
- If generalized disaster where there will be a delay of outside resources, triage officer will set up triage area as designated by Central Command Post.
- See Emergency Assembly & Triage Chart.