Motor Vehicle Records Check
The purpose of a Drivers’ Questionnaire form is to obtain your authorization to conduct a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check for the university to use in determining if you will receive or maintain authorization to drive on university business. Only information related to the driver’s license will be obtained for faculty, administration, students, staff and applicants offered employment.
As a condition for driving any vehicle on university business including your personal vehicle or a university vehicle, drivers must give La Sierra University authorization to conduct an MVR check and provide all necessary information for the check. Driving on university business will be prohibited if authorization to conduct an MVR check is not given. An MVR check will be conducted annually unless the Office of Risk Management determines a more frequent check is necessary. The contents of the MVR report may affect the authorization to drive on university business. Because a suspension of your authorization to drive may impact upon your employment, you and your department will be notified if your authorization to drive on university business is suspended or at risk of being suspended.
Any driver who continues to drive on university business after refusing to authorize an MVR check or after authorization to drive on university business has been suspended will be subject to the corrective action procedures contained in the university’s staff, academic or student policies, as applicable. Such drivers will be deemed to be acting outside the scope of their employment and will not be covered by the Trustees of La Sierra University Defense and Indemnification Policies. In the event of a claim or suit arising while driving on university business under these circumstances, the driver will not be indemnified.
Drivers authorized to drive any vehicle on university business must report any accident occurring while driving a university vehicle, any license suspension, and any conviction for a moving violation whether the violation occurred on or off the job. La Sierra University will conduct a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check if an individual meets any of the following situatio
- Employees who drive or who are expected to drive on university business more than once a month whether using a university or a personal vehicle.
- Individuals offered employment into a job for which authorization to drive on university business is a requirement of the job.
- Any student who wishes to drive a university vehicle, regardless of the frequency of driving.
- Anyone using a vehicle from the university Motor Pool or renting from an outside agency in the name of La Sierra University.
- Anyone who has had a vehicular accident while on university business or in a university vehicle, irrespective of the frequency of driving on university business.
To see if you are already approved on the MVR list, go to this page.
Authorization To Use Privately Owned Vehicles on University business
DMV Driver Record Request
Driver's Questionnaire (fill out only once annually)
Safety Service and Inspection
Vehicle Use Authorization Request
Vehicle Use Policy