- Ph.D. in Mathematics, University of Alberta, 1992.
- M.S. in Mathematics, University of Alberta, 1988.
- B.S. in Mathematics, Walla Walla College, 1985.
Principal Research Interests
Much of my research involves studying how properties of convex functions are related to the spaces on which they are defined. While this is a generally theoretical topic, convex functions and more broadly convex analysis are used in diverse applications of mathematics.
- Functional Analysis
- Convex Analysis
- Geometry of Banach Spaces
Building: PSC 252
- Distinguished Researcher, La Sierra University, 2004.
- National Science Foundation Grant, 2011.
- "Smooth approximations in Banach spaces," Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, 1992.
- "Convergence of Lipschitz regularizations of convex functions," Journal of Functional Analysis, 1995 (with J. Borwein).
- "Banach spaces that admit support sets," Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, 1995 (with J. Borwein).
- "Epigraphical and uniform convergence of convex functions," Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, 1996 (with J. Borwein).
- "Uniformly convex functions on Banach spaces," Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, 2009 (with J. Borwein, A. Guirao, P. Hajek)
- "Convex Functions: Constructions, Characterizations and Counterexamples," Encyclopedia of Mathematics and its Applications, Vol 109, Cambridge University Press, 2010 (with J. Borwein).