2014-2015 Entrance Audition Requirements
ABOUT THE AUDITION PROCESS
INCOMING MUSIC MAJORS & MINORS
Applicants for bachelor degrees in music must pass an entrance audition to be accepted into the program as an official music major. Auditions should demonstrate the applicant’s musical and technical ability. Students who do not pass the entrance audition at the time of enrollment will not be eligible for Music Major in Good Standing status and will be placed on probationary status. Students will have two quarters in residence to pass the entrance audition. Any applied lessons taken before successfully completing the entrance exam must be taken at the 100 level. These 100 level lessons are not eligible for tuition waiver and cannot be applied towards the music major requirement. Students from the local area are expected to audition in person; others may submit a good quality video recording.
NON-MUSIC MAJORS AUDITION PROCESS
We invite all students that are interested in one of our ensembles to participate in this year's Music Boot Camp Program and audition. Students must take part in the placement audition process in order to be considered for an ensemble. Scholarships are made available to students that are involved with our large ensembles even if they are non-majors.
If you have specific questions about the audition repertoire please contact the area director:
- Choral Studies: Dr. Ariel Quintana, email@example.com
- Keyboard Studies: Dr. Kimo Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Orchestral Studies: Professor Dean Anderson, email@example.com
- String Studies: Professor Jason Uyeyama, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wind & Percussion Studies: Professor Dean Anderson, email@example.com
- Vocal Studies: Dr. Raejin Lee, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click the following links for entrance audition details:
Please click the following links for ensemble placement audition details:
CHAMBER SINGERS PLACEMENT AUDITION