The Office of International Student Services (OISS) provides services to meet the diverse needs of the La Sierra University international student community. The Office offers programs which foster global perspectives, intercultural awareness, and international goodwill.
Our staff also helps international students with the transition to La Sierra University. We work with students on immigration requirements to ensure safe and legal status in the United States. This Office also hosts a helpful and mandatory orientation for all new international students before classes beginning of each quarter.
Airport Transportation from or to
OISS offers an airport service through Celso Express for:
- $95 from or to LAX (Los Angeles)
- $60 from or to ONT (Ontario)
- $75 from or to SNA (Santa Ana)
- $85 from or to LGB (Long Beach)
This price is for 1 passenger and 2 large bags. Additional passengers will be charged $15/person.
If the driver needs to go inside and/or wait, the parking fee will be added to the price as follows:
- 1st hour is free (no additional costs)
- $3/hour after the 1st free hour
- $2/ half hour after the first free hour
We encourage that each student keep in contact with the driver by calling or texting Ane Mari at (951) 840-0237.
Advisors Faculty & Staff
- All international student need to be full-time (Undergraduate: 12 units, MBA Graduate: 8 units, Graduate: 9 units)
- Reasons for under enrollment include: illness or medical condition, initial improper course level, initial difficulty with reading requirements, initial difficulty with English language, initial unfamiliarity with American teaching, last quarter
- Under enrollment must be confirmed by academic advisor by completing the Under Enrollment Form
- Students can only be under-enrolled one quarter per academic level
- Students with verifiable reasons can be under-enrolled for up to 12 months
Employing F-1 an Student
Employing an international student to work in your department is a very rewarding experience. International students bring a vast array of talents and cultural differences that will only benefit your department and add to the rich diversity of the University.
Because of government regulations, international students do have certain work limitations. Here is a brief summa
- International students can only work on-campus (i.e., ONLY at La Sierra University if they are our students)
- International students can only work up to 20 hours a week while classes are in session and up to 40 hours a week during official university breaks
- International students are allowed to do paid internships and co/ops outside of the university if the the correct paperwork has been processed BEFORE the internship begins. This is called Curricular Practical Training (CPT). NOTE: there are restrictions and not all international students qualify for CPT
- International students who have applied for and have been granted Post-completion Optional Practical Training (OPT) are allowed to work full-time in a field related to their major for 12 months after they complete their studies
- If you would like to hire an international student, please contact either the OISS or the Office of Human Resources
- If you are experiencing difficulties with cultural issues with your international student worker and would like help addressing these issues, contact the OISS at x2237