International Student Services

Travel Information

Important Traveling Information

  • Airport Arrangements (pick-up & drop-off)
  • Re-entry Information for F-1 Students
  • Travel Signature Request Form
  • Visa & Passport Requirements for Other Countries (
  • Visa & Passport Requirements for Other Countries (
  • Foreign Embassies in the U.S.

Required Travel Documents

It is usually a good idea to make photocopies of your travel documents and keep the copies and originals in a safe place. These documents include:

  • The passport pages with your passport number, picture, and personal information
  • The passport page containing the U.S. visa
  • I-94 Form
  • Current I-20
  • *If your visa is expired, remember that you will have to renew it before you will be allowed back into the United States. If you are a current student, we can write a letter of support for your visa renewal. Make sure you know the visa requirements before you fly to any country that is not your home country!

Re-entering the U.S. After a Temporary Absence

To re-enter the US, you will need to have the following documents with you to show the immigration officer at the port of entry (POE):

Traveling to Canada & Mexico

Before traveling to Mexico or Canada, remember to check if you will need a visa for either country. Visa revalidation requierments have changed. Consult the OISS before traveling to a bordering country with an expired visa

Detailed Instructions for Traveling:

Please Wait...