About Physics at La Sierra
At La Sierra, we believe that all of God's creation is worth exploring, including, electrons, spinning asteroids, uranium isotopes, black holes and quantum entaglement.
In physics, faculty and students use their God-given curiosity to explore answers to questions big and small:
- How does the spin of a baseball make it curve?
- Why is the light of a laser so intense and pure in color?
- What does it mean to study physics through the lens of faith?
La Sierra's programs in physics are designed to be challenging, yet flexible to help you achieve your career goals. You can choose:
As a physics student, you will have incredible opportunities to work alongside professors both in and outside of the classroom.
- During the school year and in the summer, assist professors with research.
- Publish research findings with professors and other students in scholarly journals.
- Collaborate on research with your fellow students and professors in small, upper-level courses.
Physics three full-time faculty members are well-respected and experienced researchers in their fields. They are also commited Christians who work to bring an authentic Christian perspective to their courses. They are heavily involved in research and engage students as scholars, teachers, mentors and friends.
La Sierra students have access to state-of-the-art facilities and technology for use in courses, labs and research projects.