Note: Many forms require a signature. If you need help, please call us on (951) 785-2006 or send an email to email@example.com.
Documents & Forms Miscellaneous
Transfer Credit Information
- Official transcripts must be mailed by the institution of origin to the La Sierra University Admissions Office, 4500 Riverwalk Pkwy, Riverside, CA 92515. Transfer credits will only be evaluated by the Records Office after the Admissions Office has determined that the transcript has been received and documented. Unofficial transcripts will not be evaluated by the Records Office.
- Current La Sierra students wishing to take courses off campus must complete the Off Campus Registration Form before enrolling at another institution. This form is used to determine the equivalency of off campus classes and whether or not they will fulfill the intended course at La Sierra. Completed forms should be turned in to the Records Office.
- Academic institutions must have regional accreditation recognized by the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Lower division classes will only transfer to La Sierra as lower division credit regardless of the material covered (even if a similar La Sierra class is upper division). Class title does not constitute equivalency. Course descriptions are required to determine possible equivalencies. The class syllabus may be required at times if the course description does not provide enough information to determine a possible equivalency.
o Classes taken at community colleges will only transfer as lower division credits.
o Basic Skills classes will be recorded as part of the transfer credit evaluation but will not be counted as college-level credits. (Math and English placement testing may be required).
o Transfer credits coming from the California community college system that have been determined to be part of the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) program will transfer to La Sierra and will meet University Studies requirements.
§ Students transferring to La Sierra who have completed all the necessary classes and have been awarded an IGETC Certificate submitted to La Sierra with the student’s final official transcript will cover lower division University Studies.
§ Individual IGETC classes (without full IGETC certification) will be evaluated on a one to one basis to determine possible equivalency. IGETC classes deemed to transfer as elective credits may fulfill University Studies requirements, but must be approved by the Academic Variance Committee.
- Transfer credits taken from a professional program (e.g., nursing, allied health, criminal justice, technical, etc.) from an institution with regional or national accreditation will be evaluated to determine if the class content is substantially relevant to academic courses offered at La Sierra. Institutions with national accreditation will only transfer as professional elective credits (“PROF”) and will receive half the amount of units taken.
- College-Level Examination Program – CLEP subject examinations are available through the Testing Center. Credits are granted only for subjects in which a student scores 50 or above. Exams for which credit may be given are determined by the University Academic Council, the Testing Center and the Records Office. An official transcript must be mailed to La Sierra University from the College Board. Contact the Testing Center at (951) 785-2453 or the Records Office at (951) 785-2906 for a current list of CLEP exams accepted by La Sierra University.
- Advanced Placement – AP Credits may be granted for subjects taken while enrolled in a secondary institution with a score of 3, 4, and 5. An official transcript must be mailed to La Sierra University by the College Board. For a list of subjects currently accepted by La Sierra, please contact the Records Office at (951) 785-2006.
- International Baccalaureate – IB credits may be granted for Higher Level - HL diploma courses taken while enrolled in a secondary institution with a score of 4, 5, 6, and 7. An official transcript must be mailed to La Sierra University, Records Office by the International Baccalaureate Organization. For a list of subjects currently accepted by La Sierra, please contact the Records Office at (951) 785-2006.
- Students transferring international credits will be required to provide an official transcript, mailed directly to the La Sierra Admissions Office from the institution of origin. All international transcripts must be evaluated by a foreign educational credential agency. This evaluation can be initiated by the student prior to registering for classes. The Records Office can also facilitate the external evaluation provided that the official transcript has been received by La Sierra’s Admissions Office. For a list of valid agencies, please contact the Records Office at (951) 785-2006 or contacting Maritza Aoyagi at (951) 785-2930 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
o The fee to request a course by course evaluation by La Sierra’s preferred agency, Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) is $220.00 and this must be paid in full before initiating the evaluation process.
o Once the external evaluation has been completed, all classes will be evaluated for transferability to La Sierra University. Course descriptions and/or syllabi will be required to determine how the classes will transfer to La Sierra. English translation of the course descriptions and/or syllabi will be required.
Transfer Course Equivalencies Documents
Please use the following information only as a reference. These files are no longer updated or maintained due to a new software package the university is implementing. Please contact Erik Staiger at (951)785-2883 or email@example.com for additional information.
La Sierra University currently has list of transfer course equivalencies for courses frequently taken at other local universities. This information is given to be used as a guide in consultation with a La Sierra University Advisor.
|US COLLEGES & UNIVERSITIES||INTERNATIONAL COLLEGES & UNIVERSITIES|
Avondale College - General Education
Asia-Pacific International University (Formerly known as Mission College) - General Education
Sahmyook University - General Education
Contact the Records Office
La Sierra University
4500 Riverwalk Parkway
Riverside, CA 92515
Phone: (951) 785-2006
Phone: (951) 785-2447 Fax
Administration Building Room #122
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.