When You Have Been In An Accident You Must
- Call 911 if there are any injuries.
- Keep calm and do not argue. Arguing can result in a lawsuit.
- Make no statements concerning guilt or fault.
- Never agree to make payments for the accident.
- Notify the police. Report any accidents or damages you incur while operating a University vehicle. A police report may be necessary for some insurance claims.
- Discuss the accident only with police officers, representatives of Adventist Risk Management (the University's third party claims adjuster), or a University official.
- Record as much information as you can on all other parties at the accident. This information may include their insurance company, their name, license number, plate number, make, model, and year of car, how accident happened, witnesses (with addresses and phone numbers).
- Complete and submit an Auto Accident Report to the Office of Risk Management at firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours.
- Refer all questions from lawyers, the other party to the accident, and others involved, to the Office of Adventist Risk Management Inc.
- The SR-1 form is for you to complete and send to the DMV as soon as possible. This form is to notify the DMV within 10 days of any auto accident damages that exceed $750. If you need assistance in completing the form, please call the Office of Risk Management at (951)785-2102.
ContactChristine Bartholomew, MBA
Director Risk Management
Office: (951) 785-2102
Fax: (951) 785-2095