International Students | Students with Disabilities
International students may or may not be eligible for federal, state, or institutional need-based aid programs at La Sierra University depending upon their residency status, as well as their financial need. International students should follow normal application procedures for financial aid at La Sierra University if they are:
- U. S. Citizens, or
- U. S. nationals (includes natives of American Samoa or Swain's Island).
* Students who are not in one of these categories, but who are:
- U. S. permanent residents with an Alien Registration Receipt Card --Green Card (I-151, I-551);
- conditional permanent residents (I-151C);
- family unity status recipients (I-797) with an approved immigrant visa (I-797);
- an eligible noncitizen with an Arrival-Departure Record (I-94) from the U. S. Immigration and Naturalization Service showing one of the following designations: "Refugee," "Asylum Granted," "Indefinite Parole" and/or "Humanitarian Parole," or "Cuban-Haitian Entrant;" or
- an eligible noncitizen with a Temporary Resident Card (I-688)
*Should also follow normal application procedures for financial aid at La Sierra University but must also provide us a copy of their Alien Registration Receipt Card or Arrival or Departure Record to verify their citizenship status.
Students in the U. S. on an F1 or F2 student visa only or on a J1 or J2 exchange visitor visa only, or on a G series visa (pertaining to international organizations) are not eligible to receive need-based aid administered by our office. These students, however, may be eligible for private or college-awarded scholarships administered by agencies other than our office.
- To access information on private funding sources you may link up through our web pages to two different scholarship search services: fastWEB. These free scholarship search programs provide students with thousands of listings of scholarships, fellowships, grants, loans, and other awards.
Helpful Financial Aid and Scholarship Webpages:
- Free Scholarship Search: Information for the International Student
- IEFA is the premier Internet resource for financial aid information for international students wishing to study in a foreign country. At this site, you will find the most comprehensive listing of grants, scholarships, loan programs, and other information to assist students in their pursuit to study abroad.