Are there any classes that I have to take?
Yes. Three (3)!
- Spring Quarter "Nuts n' Bolts" (the school year before service)
- Fall Quarter EDCI (6 units summer intensive...begins the DAY AFTER GRADUATION before summer of service, 8am-5pm)
- Spring Quarter RLGN (6 units summer intensive...begins the DAY AFTER GRADUATION before summer of service, 8am-5pm)
Students wishing to participate in the year-long Taskforce or International Missions Program of La Sierra University will be required to attend "Nuts and Bolts," a non-credit course all of Spring Quarter prior to the term of service. They will also take two six-unit preparatory courses prior to their term of service or, with permission of the Missions Director, satisfactorily complete the *Passport to Missions course offered by the General Conference.
- The LaSU prepatory courses also provide the added benefit of deferring student loans, if necessary. See your SFS Missions Counselor for more details.
- *The Passport to Missions assignment is for prepatory purposes and can not aide in deferring student loans.
Fall Quarter of Service:
EDCI 408 Teaching Student Missionary Preparation (3 units)
EDCI 409 Teaching Student Missionary Fieldwork (3 units)
Spring Quarter of Service:
RLGN 306 Sociocultural Principles for Students in Cross-cultural Service (4 units)
RLGN 306F Field Experience in Cross-cultural Service (2 units)
Be sure to read the Expenses/Finances section for more information.