• Print

Spiritual Life


Are there any requirements for becoming a student missionary?
Volunteers that are applying for a year-long position must meet the following criteria.  He/she must be at least 18 years old, should have completed one year of college by the expected time of service, have a college GPA of 2.5 or above, be a baptized member of the Seventh-Day Adventist Church, cannot be on citizenship probation, have a willing attitude, be responsible, and above all have a commitment to God.

Are there any passport/visa requirements?
US citizens traveling throughout the US, Canada and Mexico need government issued identification, such as a driver’s license or a state issued ID card.  Any mission trip that takes you outside of North America will require you to have a current passport.  Visa requirements vary according to country.  For more information, click here (insert link to US State Dept.).

If you are an international student and you are planning to leave the United States, check first with your desired country of service about entry and citizenship requirements.  Also, it is important to check with your own country to see if your student visa will be jeopardized by serving in a different country.