For our Marine Excursion, students depart on a three-day, two night tent camping adventure to Sweetwater Regional Park in San Diego. During our stay in San Diego, students will study kelp feeding and other marine life at the Birch Aquarium. We'll dissect a marine animal to discover the anatomy behind their movements and have a scavenger hunt around the park. A kayaking trip and tidepooling will present wildlife in their original habitat. In addition, we'll have the opportunity to experience interactions with several dolphins at Sea World.
The Animal Behavior Excursion will take place Sunday, August 2 to Tuesday, August 4, 2015.
- Check in will be Sunday at 8:00a
- Check out will be Tuesday at 7:30p
*subject to change*
- Sunday: Welcome & Introduction, Set Up Camp, Birch Aquarium
- Monday: Scavenger Hunt, Squid Dissection, Tidepooling, Kayaking
- Tuesday: Sea World, Behind the Scenes Dolphin Interaction, Check Out