The La Sierra University Testing Center offers a wide variety of CLEP exams to both La Sierra University students as well as students attending other colleges. It is strongly advised that you check with your school to ensure that you will receive the appropriate credit for the CLEP exams you wish to take. The La Sierra University Testing Center is not responsible for testers selecting unnecessary exams.
Please Note: Registration for CLEP exams is on-line only. Please click here to register for your exam.
La Sierra University is an open testing site, which means that we will test our own students as well as those from other colleges and universities. Students do not have to be currently enrolled as a student anywhere to take the exam. Test takers will get their "unofficial" score reports within minutes of finishing the exam. Official CLEP scores will be sent to the college or university of your choice in approximately 3 weeks. To schedule an appointment, please click here.
To secure a testing appointment, test takers must pay a non-refundable scheduling and proctoring fee of $50 during registration. Test takers will also pay $80 by credit card to Collegeboard CLEP as they begin their test on the computer. However, test takers with an appropriate military ID will have the $80 fee waived.
For more information about CLEP testing, specifically regarding study materials and credit, please click on the link above for the College Board online.
Testers requesting accommodations must speak with Ms. Lowry, Assistant Director for Testing.
Have some questions for the College Board? E-mail CLEP at CLEP@ets.org
Steps to Complete
Purchase your desired CLEP exam from the official CLEP website
Upon purchasing your CLEP exam, you will be given an Exam Registration Number. You will need to use this number when you register with us for a test appointment date.
Once you have purchased your exam, it is very important that you print out your Exam Registration Ticket. You must bring that printout with you to the Testing Center on your test date.
*(While visiting the website above, you will have an opportunity to purchase subject-specific study guides and handbooks from CLEP. La Sierra University makes no guarantee of the effectiveness of purchasing such material, and it is entirely up you as to whether you feel this material will be beneficial to your needs.)
Register here on our website to choose your specific CLEP exam.
After choosing your exam, you will be given the opportunity to peruse any available test dates and times. During this registration, you will be asked for the Exam Registration Number mentioned above, and you will be requested to make an online proctor-fee payment of $50
CLEP Testing Schedule
School Year 2014-15
Monday - Thursday
9:00am and 2:00pm
CLOSED during Summer Quarter
(The schedule may change after the posted date, but we will continue to offer tests all year.)
If test takers arrive LATE to their scheduled test sessions, they will not be allowed to take the test. It is recommended that test takers arrive 15-20 minutes BEFORE their scheduled test begins. Traffic can be very bad on the 91 freeway!
Important CLEP Information
What to bring with you on your test date:
- One current valid government-issued photo I.D. (ex. drivers license, state ID, passport, military I.D.
- Your Exam Registration Ticket printout. (Pulling up information on a mobile device will be unacceptable. You must have the printout.)
Things to bear in mind for your testing appointment:
- Any personal belongings (books, bags, watches, cell phones, etc.) will be stored in a secure on-site location until your testing has concluded.
- No food or drink will be allowed in the Testing Center.
- You may be asked to remove any jewelry based upon the discretion of the Testing Center staff.
- No friends or family members are allowed to accompany you inside the testing room, and no non-testers under 18 years of age are permitted to wait unsupervised in our lobby area or adjoining study rooms.
- If you do elect to bring a guest along with you on your test date, they must adhere to our rules and policies.
- Any flagrant disregard for our policies may have adverse results to your testing experience.
Please arrive for your test at least 15 minutes before your scheduled exam. There is a check-in process that you must undergo, and due to the potentially-high volume of testers at any given time, being early can help ensure that our staff will get you started as swiftly as possible.
Park in lot C to avoid a parking ticket from the Security Department.