LA SIERRA UNIVERSITY, “Where Academic Investigation, Christian Faith and Service to Others Unite,” is widely recognized as an exceptional academic institution providing hands-on learning experiences in a safe, nurturing atmosphere.
Affiliated with the Seventh-day Adventist Church, La Sierra is acclaimed for its academic quality, opportunities for research at both the undergraduate and graduate level, community service emphasis, and demographically diverse student body. Students thrive in the small, professor-taught classes where academic topics are investigated and Christian faith is a cornerstone of education.
The 150-acre campus in beautiful Southern California is home to 120 bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degree programs for nearly 2,000 students. Programs are offered in the Schools of Business, Education, and Religion, the College of Arts and Sciences, and in the Division of Continuing Studies. La Sierra offers an outstanding array of programs in the pre-health professions. Many LSU students continue their medical education at nearby Loma Linda University, thanks to La Sierra’s long association with that prominent institution.
Growth Through Service
La Sierra students change the world as they learn. Service-learning courses put classroom knowledge to work helping the community. La Sierra’s internationally award-winning Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE) team has empowered people around the globe. In addition, many students participate in mission work around the world.
- YEAR FOUNDED: 1922
- CHARACTER: Private, Seventh-day Adventist
- LOCATION: Southern California, 60 miles from Los Angeles
- DEGREES OFFERED: Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctoral
- ACADEMIC CALENDAR: Quarters
- UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE PROGRAMS: 60
- PRE-PROFESSIONAL PROGRAMS: 27
- GRADUATE DEGREE PROGRAMS: 26
- UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS: Over 1,500
- GRADUATE STUDENTS: 350
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: 14% of student body
- COUNTRIES REPRESENTED: 75
- AVERAGE CLASS SIZE: 20
- STUDENT TO FACULTY RATIO: 12 to 1
- FULL-TIME FACULTY: Over 100