Training and conferences play a vital role in the Center's mission to promote and increase the appropriate use of alternative dispute resolution processes. Effective training for both practitioners and decision-makers gives participants an understanding of dispute resolution techniques and their applicability to family, business, organizational and congregational life.
In addition to our general training activities open to the public and the programs described in our web pages, the Center also provides customized training for agencies, business, and congregations. Please contact the Center if you have over 10 people to train in dispute resolution processes.
To register for an upcoming training session, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Civil and Private Practice Mediation Training: 40-Hour Program
What you will learn:
- Stages of mediated problem solving
- Conflict theory
- Balancing power
- Managing a negotiation
- Cultural and gender issues in mediation
- Dealing with strong emotions
- Breaking impasse
- Drafting durable agreements
What you will receive:
- Learning through exercises, demonstration and role plays coached by experienced mediators and colleagues
- 4-hr module on marketing your practice, preparing your clients and understanding liability
- Case observations and co-mediation opportunities