Welcome to the Observatory
On the first Friday of each month the Observatory hosts its monthly "Open House" and will be open from 8:00pm to 11:00pm.
NOTE: The Observatory will not hold Openhouses during July, August and September.
Objects for observation on June 4:
- Alcor and Mizar: Ursa Major double
- Mars and M44: The Beehive (or Praesape - "Manger") cluster
- M13 Messier 13 is one of the most prominent and best known globulars of the Northern celestial hemisphere.
- M81,82: Bode's and the cigar galaxies
- M51: The famous Whirlpool galaxy
- The Leo Trio: M65, 66, and NGC3628
These events are FREE and open to the public.
- Where: The observatory is located at the base of the mountain behind the university (see map).
- When: It is open on the first Friday of EVERY month (weather permitting) from 8:00pm to 11:00pm.
- For more information: Please call (951) 785-2273 for directions.