The Board of Trustees is responsible for
- Appointing the president and evaluating his/her performance with reference to the policies and priorities set by the trustees.
- Adopting policies and priorities for the advancement of the university.
- Providing the financial and other resources necessary to achieve trustee policies, including participation in fundraising.
- Defending the university from influences which interfere with the achievement of its mission.
- Safeguarding the principles of moral and academic freedom for the community of scholars.
- Establishing sound financial policies, which includes preservation of capital assets as well as stewardship of current funds.
- Serving as advocates for the entire university without losing sight of special school-based opportunities.
- Exercising final authority in a manner to ensure the future of the university.
Meeting Schedule For the 2015-2016 Academic Year
|Sunday, September 7, 2014||Board Orientation||9:30 a.m.||LSU|
|Monday, September 8, 2014||Board Retreat||9:00 a.m.||LSU (AD 223)|
|Wednesday, November 19, 2014||Board Committees||6:00 p.m.||Various|
|Thursday, November 20, 2014||Board Committees||8:00 a.m.||Various|
|Thursday, November 20, 2014||Board Meeting||1:00 p.m.||LSU (AD 223)|
|Wednesday, February 10, 2016||Board Committees||TBA||Various|
|Thursday, February 11, 2016||Board Committees||TBA||Various|
|Wednesday, May 18, 2016||Board Committees||TBA||Various|
|Wednesday, May 18, 2016||Constituency Meeting||TBA||Various|
|Thursday, May 19, 2016||Board Meeting||TBA||Various|
|Wednesday, November 16, 2016||Board Committees||TBA||Various|
|Thursday, November 17, 2016||Board Meeting||TBA||Various|
- RICARDO GRAHAM, Chair (President, Pacific Union Conference of Seventh-day Adventists)
- JUDY ST. JOHN, Vice Chair (Certified Public Accountant)
- RANDAL R. WISBEY, Secretary (President, La Sierra University)
Members At Large
- MARLA OSBORNE-ANDERSON (Superior Court Judge)
- TONY ANOBILE (President of the Arizona Conference of Seventh-day Adventists)
- THEODORE BENSON (Treasurer, Pacific Union Conference of Seventh-day Adventists)
- ED BOYATT (Educational Consultant)
- ERNIE HWANG (Bank President)
- MEREDITH JOBE (Attorney)
- ALVIN KWIRAM (Academic Administrator)
- GEORGE MELARA (Principal, Architecture Firm)
- BRAD NEWTON (Secretary, Pacific Union Conference of Seventh-day Adventists)
- CHRIS OBERG (Senior Pastor)
- SANDY ROBERTS (President of the Southeastern California Conference of Seventh-day Adventists)
- VELINO SALAZAR (President, Southern California Conference of Seventh-day Adventists)
- ALINA SANCHEZ (Businesswoman)
- JUSTIN SANDEFUR (Research Fellow)
- ZAREH SARRAFIAN (CEO, Medical Center)
- ALINA TOLAN (Clinical Pharmacist)
- ARNOLD TRUJILLO (Vice President, Pacific Union Conference of Seventh-day Adventists)
- BERIT VON POHLE (Director of Education, Pacific Union Conference of Seventh-day Adventists)
- LISA WALCKER (Assistant Regional Manager, Youth & Family Services Organization)
- MARILENE WANG (Physician)
Committees of the Board
Academic Programs and Personnel Committee
BERIT VON POHLE, chair
Advancement and Marketing Committee
ALINA SANCHEZ, chair
Finance, Budget, and Audit Committee
MEREDITH JOBE, chair
Student Life Committee
CHRIS OBERG, chair
JUDY ST. JOHN, chair