Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees is responsible for:
- Appointing the president and evaluating his/her performance with reference to the policies and priorities set by the trustees.
- Adopting policies and priorities for the advancement of the university.
- Providing the financial and other resources necessary to achieve trustee policies, including participation in fundraising.
- Defending the university from influences which interfere with the achievement of its mission.
- Safeguarding the principles of moral and academic freedom for the community of scholars.
- Establishing sound financial policies, which includes preservation of capital assets as well as stewardship of current funds.
- Serving as advocates for the entire university without losing sight of special school-based opportunities.
- Exercising final authority in a manner to ensure the future of the university.
- RICARDO GRAHAM, Chair (President, Pacific Union Conference of Seventh-day Adventists)
- JUDY ST. JOHN, Vice Chair (Certified Public Accountant)
- RANDAL R. WISBEY, Secretary (President, La Sierra University)
Members At Large:
- TONY ANOBILE (President of the Arizona Conference of Seventh-day Adventists)
- THEODORE BENSON (Treasurer, Pacific Union Conference of Seventh-day Adventists)
- ALVARO BOLIVAR (Surgeon)
- LARRY L. CAVINESS (President, Southern California Conference of Seventh-day Adventists)
- JOAN COGGIN (Retired Physician)
- KAREN GAIO HANSBERGER (Physician)
- ERNIE HWANG (Bank President)
- MEREDITH JOBE (Attorney)
- DONALD KANEN (Businessman)
- ALVIN KWIRAM (Academic Administrator)
- GERALD MCINTOSH (Businessman)
- BRAD NEWTON (Secretary, Pacific Union Conference of Seventh-day Adventists)
- CHRIS OBERG (Pastor)
- SANDY ROBERTS (President of the Southeastern California Conference of Seventh-day Adventists)
- ALINA SANCHEZ (Businesswoman)
- ARNOLD TRUJILLO (Vice President, Pacific Union Conference of Seventh-day Adventists)
- BERIT VON POHLE (Director of Education, Pacific Union Conference of Seventh-day Adventists)
- MARILENE WANG (Physician)
Committees of the Board
Academic Programs and Personnel Committee:
BERIT VON POHLE, chair
Advancement and Marketing Committee
KAREN GAIO HANSBERGER, chair
Finance, Budget, and Audit Committee
THEODORE BENSEN, chair
Student Life Committee:
BRAD NEWTON, chair
JUDY ST. John, chair