- Be prepared to teach in public and private schools and to enter graduate school and credential programs.
- Learn in small clases with professors in an integrated Christian context.
- Receive personal advice from faculty for program decisions, student teaching placements, application for credentials, and job placements.
- Receive individual mentoring for the Teaching Performance Assessment exams.
- Study with faculty who are experts in differentiated instruction, brain an learning, cooperative learning, social and emotional intelligence, special education, and more.
- Study with faculty who regularly conduct research and present findings at conferences and conventions around North America and the world.
- Join a school with a high pass rate, approximately 98 to 99%, for the CSET, RICA, TPA and CBEST tests required for teaching credentials.
The La Sierra University Advantage
With the inclusion or addition of required professional education courses, this degree is also very useful for those who want to earn California multiple subjects elementary education teaching credentials.
The Liberal Arts major prepares the student for a wide variety of career options or can be used as the basis for admission into a variety of post-baccalaureate degree programs. Preparation for credentialing in elementary education is possible through careful course selection.
Why Pursue Liberal Studies?
With the elementary teacher education component, you can pursue your goal of molding young lives. Opportunities in the field of education are expected to grow over the next five years as one in five elementary teachers heads into retirement. Now is the time to prepare for a career in education and help fill that educational need.