The mission of the Center for Research on K-12 Adventist Education (CRAE) is to serve and advance Adventist education by seeking and sharing knowledge about the North American Division K-12 Adventist educational system--its values, its pedagogy, and its challenges.
As the Center responds to the needs of the field, the following objectives will be addressed:
- Research and investigate the effectiveness and benefits of Adventist K-12 Education for the improvement and enhancement of student learning in Adventist schools with the emphasis on studentsí holistic development of the physical, mental, spiritual and social dimensions.
- Disseminate research findings and their implications in usable ways for the practitioner and inform the Adventist education community and its constituencies about important education issues.
- Explore innovative strategies for marketing/disseminating the research findings to internal and external publics as appropriate.
- Undertake K-12 research projects on behalf of Adventist constituency organizations.
- Establish professional and academic partnerships with schools, local and union church conferences for the purpose of strengthening education programs.
- Facilitate the research and scholarly activity of faculty and graduate students of the La Sierra University School of Education through involvement in and support of research projects on Adventist K-12 education.
- Undertake consulting contracts under the sponsorship of such other organizations that the Center shall enter agreements with.