- Ph.D. in Social Psychology with minors in Measurement and Political Psychology, University of California at Los Angeles, 1994.
- B.A. in Psychology with minors in Physics and English, Loma Linda University, 1989.
Principal Research Interests
I am working towards an examination of the relationship between Fowler's model of faith development (particularly bounds of social awareness) and prejudice. My current focus is on a new scale to assess faith development. The end goal is a scale that is psychometrically sound, assessing all of the aspects of the model from stages 2 or 3 through 5 or 6.
- Intergroup relations
- Psychology of religion
- G. T. Anderson Teaching Award, La Sierra University. 1999
- George, D. [co-author], & Mallery, P. (2013). IBM SPSS Statistics Step by Step: A Simple Guide and Introduction, Thirteenth Edition. Boston: Pearson.Mallery, P., Mallery, S., & Gorsuch, R. (2000). A preliminary taxonomy of attributions to God. International Journal for the Psychology of Religion, 10(3), 135-156.
- Mallery, P. (2000). Controllability, anger, judgments, and valence in attributions for civil unrest. Journal of Social Psychology, 140(3), 393-395.
- Chung, T. [student], & Mallery, P. (1999). Social comparison, individualism-collectivism, and self-esteem in China and the United States. Current Psychology: Developmental, Learning, Personality, Social, 18, 340-352.