La Sierra University is an open testing site for La Sierra students and those from neighboring communities. To schedule an appointment for a Distance Learning Exam (Proctored Exam), please refer to the two steps detailed below. To take a test in our center, students must pay a proctoring fee of $40 (beginning July 1, 2015).
This fee is payable by check written to La Sierra University, or cash when the student arrives to take the test. Students may reschedule appointments up to one day in advance without any additional charges.
Tests may be either mailed to our center in advance or delivered via the internet on a computer in our testing center. After we receive the test, we can then schedule your test.
The La Sierra University Testing Center offers test proctoring services for you even if you attend another university. In order to have us proctor your test, there are a few simple steps you must take.
Your class instructor will need to know whom to send your exam and test information to. Our Test Proctor will need to have any passwords, codes, instructions, and the actual exam in order to successfully proctor your test.
You will need to provide the information below to your class instructor before you can schedule a test date with us:
Proctor Name: Erin Lowry
Position: Testing Coordinator, La Sierra Testing Center
La Sierra University Testing Center
La Sierra University
4500 Riverwalk Parkway
Riverside, CA 92515
Fax: (951) 785-2897
After you provide this information to your university, your class instructor will need to contact us to see how your test and all of its information will be delivered to our Testing Center. Depending upon how your test will be delivered to us (electronically or via the postal system), it may take up to several weeks for your exam to arrive to us with the proper instructions.
After you have provided your class instructor with the Proctor Information given above, you should visit our website in order to register for a test date.
This link will take you to RegisterBlast, our appointment system tool.
While perusing our Testing Calendar, you are eligible to take your test on days in which you see consistent testing activity. If you see dates which are designated as 'CLOSED' or are blocked for "Summer Orientation", you will not be able to test on those dates. Dates that have a multiple of tests and test times are ideal for you to schedule with us.
Click here to view our Testing Calendar. The Testing Calendar is merely for visual purposes only.
In order to officially secure the date and time you have chosen, it is imperative that you contact our office at (951) 785-2453 to confirm your appointment.
*We cannot confirm your appointment date until you have registered on our website for your "Distance Learning Exam".
*We also cannot confirm your appointment date until we have your actual test and instructions in our department's possession. Even if you are notified that your test/exam has been delivered to our University Post Office, it does not necessarily mean that it has been delivered to the Testing Center yet.
We do not recognize the acceptance of any test materials or academic correspondences until they have been effectively delivered to an authorized representative of our department. Postal delivery generally occurs near the conclusion of each school day.
To check on the status of your exam transmittal and/or to confirm your test date, please call (951) 785-2453.
Currently, you may schedule your test no earlier than 8:30am. Regardless of the allowed testing time given to you by your class instructor, all tests/exams will be collected by 5:00pm. When setting your test appointment, please allow yourself enough time for you to complete your exam.
Distance Learning Schedule
2014-2015 School Year
Monday and Wednesday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday and Thursday
8:30 a.m. - 11 a.m. & 12 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Important Distance Learning Information
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU ON YOUR TEST DATE:
- One current valid government-issued photo I.D. (ex. drivers license, state I.D., passport, military I.D.)
- Your Email Confirmation Receipt.
- $40 (cash or check only) for your Scheduling & Proctoring Fee. We do not accept credit cards at this time, so please have the proper payment method when checking in.
Things to bear in mind for your testing appointment:
- Any personal belongings (books, bags, watches, cell phones, etc.) will be stored in a secure on-site location until your testing has concluded.
- No food or drink will be allowed in the Testing Center.
- You may be asked to remove any jewelry based upon the discretion of the Testing Center staff.
- No guests or family members are allowed to accompany you inside the testing room, and no one under 18 years of age is permitted to wait unsupervised in our lobby area or adjoining study rooms.
- If you do elect to bring a guest along with you on your test date, they must adhere to our rules and policies.
- Any flagrant disregard for our policies may have adverse results to your testing experience.
- Please arrive for your test at least 15 minutes before your scheduled exam. There is a check-in process that you must undergo, and due to the potentially-high volume of testers at any given time, being early can help ensure that our staff will get you started as swiftly as possible.