La Sierra University’s Film & Television Production students take a strong core of required courses in editing, acting, scriptwriting, and cinematography. In addition, students will also select classes from a list of electives and within a specific concentration. This approach ensures that each graduate has a solid grasp of the fundamentals of film and television production while also having the flexibility to focus more fully on a chosen field.
Upon completion of the degree, students will:
- Use appropriate technology tools.
- Understand and practice basic storytelling craft.
- Apply critical thinking skills to analyze works of visual storytelling in terms of genre and media history.
- Produce visual storytelling media that demonstrates a sense of inventiveness or creativity and a willingness to explore and experiment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of film’s historical role in culture.
- Demonstrate proficiency in an area of emphasis offered by the department and chosen by the student.