1. What do I need to do at Health Services in order register at LSU?
• Obtain a Health Record & Physical Examination Form. Both sides–Immunization (completed by the student) and Physical Examination (completed by your doctor–must be completed and submitted to La Sierra University Health Services before Enrollment.
• Every new student, if he or she is taking 8 units or more, should have a Physical Examination record turn in to the Student Health Service. The Physical should be within one year; we do accept transfer Physicals also, if it was done within one year. The Physical should also include the Immunization Record with the following vaccines:
- Hepatitis B -- Three doses series required
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella -- Two doses required
- Tdap -- Within ten years required
- Meningococcal vaccination -- Recommended, especially for Freshmen living in the Residence Halls who wish to reduce their risk of meningococcal disease.
- Tuberculosis Screening -- PPD (Mantoux) required, within the past 12 months. (Tine or Monovac not acceptable). If PPD is positive, a chest X-ray required.
• The student can have these done at the Student Health Service for $75.00; this will include the Physical Examination by the physician, Laboratory tests (Hemoglobin and Urinalysis), Tuberculin skin test (Mantoux), Immunization fee will be extra; see the Service Fee page for current costs. The Menactra (Meningococcal vaccination) will be an extra $85.00, this vaccine will be good for ten years. We will give all the new students a quarter (about 12 weeks) to provide us with this pre-matriculation requirement for La Sierra University Student Health Service, if we do not receive all the required documents, then the student will have a HOLD for the next quarter. Download the Student Health Record (pdf)
2. Who is eligible for Health Services?
• Students attending La Sierra University as a graduate or undergraduate.
• Students enrolled in 8 units or more per quarter.
3. Do I have to pay for a appointment?
• If you pay the quarterly Student Health Service Fee during registration, most of your services are prepaid.
4. What kind of services do Health Services provide?
• Office visits
• In-house clinical laboratory tests
• First aid/Emergency care
• Health education/Personal counseling
• Selected prescription and over-the-counter medications
• Community services
5. Does Heath Services have a Doctor?
6. Have other questions not listed here?
• Let us know! Ask us...