• Print

Health Services

1. What do I need to do at Health Services in order register at LSU?

• Obtain a Health Record & Physical Examination Form. Both sides–Immunization (completed by the student) and Physical Examination (completed by your doctor–must be completed and submitted to La Sierra University Health Services before Enrollment.

• Every new student, if he or she is taking 8 units or more, should have a Physical Examination record turn in to the Student Health Service. The Physical should be within one year; we do accept transfer Physicals also, if it was done within one year. The Physical should also include the Immunization Record with the following vaccines:

  • Hepatitis B -- Three doses series required
  • Measles, Mumps, Rubella -- Two doses required
  • Tdap -- Within ten years required
  • Meningococcal vaccination -- Recommended, especially for Freshmen living in the Residence Halls who wish to reduce their risk of meningococcal disease.
  • Tuberculosis Screening -- PPD (Mantoux) required, within the past 12 months. (Tine or Monovac not acceptable). If PPD is positive, a chest X-ray required.

• The student can have these done at the Student Health Service for $75.00; this will include the Physical Examination by the physician, Laboratory tests (Hemoglobin and Urinalysis), Tuberculin skin test (Mantoux), Immunization fee will be extra; see the Service Fee page for current costs. The Menactra (Meningococcal vaccination) will be an extra $85.00, this vaccine will be good for ten years.

We will give all the new students a quarter (about 12 weeks) to provide us with this pre-matriculation requirement for La Sierra University Student Health Service, if we do not receive all the required documents, then the student will have a HOLD for the next quarter.

Download the Student Health Record (pdf)


2. Who is eligible for Health Services?

• Students attending La Sierra University as a graduate or undergraduate.

• Students enrolled in 8 units or more per quarter.


3. Do I have to pay for a appointment?

• If you pay the quarterly Student Health Service Fee during registration, most of your services are prepaid.


4. What kind of services do Health Services provide?

• Office visits

• In-house clinical laboratory tests

• First aid/Emergency care

• Health education/Personal counseling

• Selected prescription and over-the-counter medications

• Referrals

• Community services


5. Does Heath Services have a Doctor?

• Yes.


6. Have other questions not listed here?

• Let us know! Ask us...


Please Wait...