Health & Exercise Science Programs
Departmental Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills in addressing discipline-based questions.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills of research principles and methodologies relevant to health and exercise science.
- Apply standards, ethics, and expectations of professional communities related to health and exercise science.
- Demonstrate learned competencies and skills as part of learning activities and experiences.
Exercise Science Student Learning Outcomes
- Identify, assess, and analyze human movement in different contexts.
- Describe the reciprocal relationship between physical activity and the philosophical, historical, or sociological perspectives perspectives of society.
Health Science Student Learning Outcomes
- Understand how the social, cultural, economic, political, and biological environments affect both personal and community health.
- Describe the U. S. health profile, including key indicators, determinants, disparities, access to health services, historical and contemporary trends and implications.