International Student Services
Welcome to La Sierra University
The Office of International Student Services is looking forward to meeting you! Our university is located in Riverside, California where you are a few miles away from the beach, Hollywood, Disneyland, Los Angeles City life, the snowing Big Bear mountains, the deserted valleys, and the seventh day adventist faith based community that cares about you.
The Office of International Student Services (OISS) provides assistance to La Sierra University international students and their dependents. OISS advisors participate in national networks to provide La Sierra University international students with up-to-date expertise on cultural adjustment and non-immigrant visa and travel issues. Information on maximizing opportunities and how to best meet obligations under each visa category is available at our office. Students who have been accepted into La Sierra University should take a moment to view the information for international students on this website. Here you can view campus information on class registration, orientation, and other valuable information.
Listed below are a few steps that our office has composed to help guide you throughout your First Year Experience here at La Sierra University. Feel free to browse through this page to make sure that you are ready for the quarter to start.
Step One: Are You Admitted?
- Make sure you are accepted to our University.
- Contact your Enrollment Counselor- Alex Schmidt at (951) 785-2424 or firstname.lastname@example.org
STEP TWO: OBTAIN AN I-20 FORM & SCHEDULE VISA APPOINTMENT
- Make sure you have received your i-20 form from the International Students Office. Contact them at email@example.com or (951) 785-2237.
- Make sure you have already paid for your SEVIS Fee (I-901 Fee). Click on the button below for more information.
- Schedule your Visa Appointment.
- Report Result of Appointment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Buy your tickets and check our airport information. Click on the button below.
- Register for Immigration Orientation: Click on the button below.
- Schedule an Appointment to Check-In with the International Students Office. Click on the button below.
STEP FOUR: CONFIRMATION
- Once you are registered for Orientation, make sure that you receive a confirmation email from the International Office
- Confirm that you are registered for the correct Orientation. There are many different orientations that you can attend. If you feel you need further assistance, please feel free to email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make sure you have schedule your check-in appointment. Contact email@example.com or call our office at (951) 785-2237
STEP FIVE: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THESE DOCUMENTS
- I-94 (white paper stapled inside Passport) or (if you don't have it, it might be online)
- Signed I-20
- Health Records
STEP SIX: CHECK IN TO OUR OFFICE
- ADDRESS: 4500 RIVERWALK PARKWAY RIVERSIDE, CA 92505 ADMINISTRATION BUILDING ROOM 206
- SUMMER HOURS: MON-THURS 8AM-5PM, CLOSED ON FRIDAYS
- REGULAR HOURS: MON-THURS 8AM-5PM, FRI 8AM-12PM.
STEP SEVEN: ATTEND ORIENTATION
- Fall 2014: Varies- please refer to the Immigration Orientation Page.
- Winter 2015 - January 9, 2015 12PM-3PM
- Spring 2015 - April 10, 2015 12PM-3PM
- Summer 2015 - Appointment Only
STEP EIGHT: TESTING
- Before or after your immigration orientation, you will be tested (either TOEFL, Michigan, or Placement Test)
- Contact the Testing Center at (951) 785-2453
- Bring $35 cash just in case you are required to pay.
STEP NINE: SEE YOUR ACADEMIC ADVISOR
- Make an appointment with your academic advisor
- Most Undergraduate New/Transfer/Returning students are assigned an advisor from the Center for Student Academic Success Department. You can contact them at (951) 785-2452.
- MBA students advisor is Heather Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org
- MA in Divinity School of Religion students advisor is Dr. Warren Trenchard at email@example.com
- MA in English students advisor is Dr. Lora Gerigius at firstname.lastname@example.org
- MA/EDD in Curriculum & Instructions students advisor is Linda Caviness at email@example.com
- MA/EDD in Administration & Leadership students advisor is Dr. Gilbert Valentine at firstname.lastname@example.org
- MA in Psychology & Counseling students advisor is Dr. Dora Clark Pine at email@example.com
STEP TEN: REGISTER & ATTEND CLASS!
- Make sure you are registered as a Full Time Student!
- Make sure you attend classes!