International Student Services
As an international student, you are required if necessary to obtain a student visa or F-1 visa in order to legally study in the United States. In order to receive your F-1 visa there are a few steps that you will need to take in order to receive an I-20 Form which is a form required by the US Embassy in your country to be able to schedule an appointment for an interview with the Embassy and potentially receiving your F-1 visa. That I-20 Form is issued by our office.
The following steps listed below is a short introduction to what you can do to easily submit and receive your i-20 form.
Please include your FULL NAME and STUDENT ID NUMBER (can be found in your email from Admissions) in all correspondence and send all documents at the same time instead of individually. Once you have completed all your I-20 requirements, email them to our office at email@example.com with all of your documents.
STEP 1: PREFERRED DEADLINES FOR I-20 FORM
|Summer||May 1||May 1||May 1|
|Quarter(s)||2014 - 2015||2015 - 2016||2016 - 2017|
|Fall||Jul 25||Jul 25||July 25|
|Winter||Nov 15||Nov 15||Nov 15|
|Spring||Feb 15||Feb 15||Feb 15|
STEP 2: ARE YOU ACCEPTED?
- Make sure you are accepted by the Admissions Department. For more information, contact them at (951) 785-2237 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make sure you submit official transcripts.
- Make sure you submit official evaluations of your transcripts.
STEP 3: DOCUMENTS YOU NEED TO SUBMIT
- Financial Guarantee Form
- Copy of Bank Statement (MUST BE 2-3 months old)
- Copy of your passport
- $1000 International Student Deposit
- $100 International Student Processing Fee
- If you plan to live in the dorm, a $150 Dorm Deposit
- If you are a UNDERGRADUATE student from an African Country, you must deposit $9965.
- If you are a GRADUATE student from an African Country, you must deposit $7400.
- If you are transferring from another school in the United States, Submit your Transfer In Form
- If you are transferring from another school in the United States, Submit copies of your valid I-20.